Okta is seeking a skilled, driven executive communications leader to be a strategic partner to our Chief Revenue Officer. This is a high-profile role, & you will build & own an impactful, integrated, inspiring internal & external communications program that drives understanding & action throughout the field organization. You will report to Oktas Director of Communications, & work with our quickly-growing executive communications team & key stakeholders across the company.
You must be a creative problem solver who is excited to dig into complex concepts on diverse subject matter, integrate data from multiple sources, & drive knowledge & engagement across the field. Youll work with team leaders on messaging strategy & execution for essential field-facing programs such as town hall meetings, team roundtables, & top talent initiatives.
The Okta communications teams vision is that everyone knows, loves & believes in the Okta story. In this role, youll act as strategic counsel to & the spokesperson for our Chief Revenue Officer & will ensure his team & their stakeholders around the world know, love & believe in that story.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7-10 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience writing for & working directly with C-level executives; ability to engage, influence, & coach senior executives with a strong presence & presentation skills.
- An understanding of Oktas business & experience working with cloud companies.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to engage with customers & partners with a defined point of view.
- An innate drive to partner & collaborate across the organization.
- A strong, clear writing style & voice, with excellent writing & editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects & deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development & execution of communications for Oktas Chief Revenue Officer.
- Provide strategic input on messaging & positioning to ensure narratives are engaging & aligned with our desired tone & values.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives.
- Create & manage essential field-facing programs, such as organization all hands, town hall meetings, team roundtables, organizational change communications, & top talent initiatives.
- Develop a content strategy for the sales team, defining key messages, & crafting executive platforms.
- Support our Chief Revenue Officers email communications, & develop compelling content that resonates with key audiences. Write memorable, engaging communications across other internal channels to wdrive awareness of key initiatives.
- Create & manage internal & external speaking opportunities.
- Interface with important external stakeholders, including top customers & partners.
- Partner closely with key partners across the organization, including enablement & product marketing leadership.
- Collaborate with the global content & communications team & our agency partners around the world to build & expand on Oktas executive communications program.
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.