Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to democratize education.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco & have created online classes taught by famous mastersSerena Williams, Martin Scorsese, Stephen Curry, James Patterson, Annie Leibovitz, Gordon Ramsay, Neil Gaiman & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Strong collaboration & growth mindset. Significant skill in interpersonal communications.
- Ability to iterate quickly & evolve in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to critically evaluate video content & clearly communicate thoughts on the given content and/or subject.
- Strong research skills. Demonstrated ability to consume & synthesize large amounts of information from varying sources to help the creative & curriculum building processes.
- Exceptional writing skills. Ability to write efficiently & effectively with minimal editing required.
- Eager to learn the end-to-end video production process.
- Strong aesthetic sense & visual storytelling skills.
- Excellent organization & project management capacity.
- Strong work ethic & willingness to adapt to & support each producer's process.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide creative support.
- Work with the producers & associate producers in post: sourcing archival content for the classes, organizing musical, archival, & stock footage assets for licensing, & supporting the post team including editors, assistant editors, & project leads in overall post-production workflows.
- Work cross-functionally with members from the Rights & Clearance team, Insights team, Marketing team, & external partners to interpret quantitative & qualitative data & manage necessary assets for class release delivery.
- Have a general understanding of archival & stock footage databases.
- Be culturally savvy & up-to-date on cultural trends.
- Team player & proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, & managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eager to learn & work in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient with Google Drive applications.
- General understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro editing software is a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Located in California, New York, or Arizona.
- Reliable Internet access & ability to work remotely.
Work Hours & Benefits:
This is a full-time position lasting for a duration of 12 weeks (40 hours/week), with a start date in May or June 2021.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.