WHO ARE WE:
The Finance team is made up of smart, driven, dog-lovers who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include closing the general ledger monthly & producing GAAP Financials. As a member of the finance team, you'll take ownership of the tax department, understanding the process end to end. You'll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills & tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient & effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, & playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who can manage voluminous tax matters. Candidates should have strong time management skills & a proven record of success working in fast-paced, evolving environments. The candidate is a team player, always willing to roll up their sleeves & provide assistance to the team.
- Prepare quarterly tax provisions in accordance with GAAP
- Drive US and international sales tax compliance, including managing existing & future sales & use tax registrations, overseeing sales & use tax filings, & performing regular review of use tax compliance
- Manage, investigate & resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic & international
- Manage income filings -- all federal & state income tax filings, including overseeing the calculation of the provision, developing processes to calculate & reconcile deferred tax assets & liabilities, & ensuring timely filing & payment of all extensions & returns.
- Monitor future tax legislation, research the impact on the Company's financial position, & work with Controller & external partners to advise on the best position to optimize tax planning
- Design & implement controls to ensure the Company's tax liabilities & financial statements are accurate & in compliance with local & state laws as well as GAAP
- Become the go-to tax person, acting as the internal & external point of contact for all tax-related inquiries & analysis
- Lead continuous process improvements & integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, & quality
- Plan & execute global tax strategies in compliance with regulations
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed
- 6 or more years of relevant tax experience including Big 4 public accounting, private industry, or public companies
- Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision Process
- Preparing & filing US sales tax returns
- Identifying & implementing international sales tax compliance and
- Exposure to global transfer pricing rules & regulations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: BS accounting preferred;
- CPA preferred
- Strong writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Leadership skills
- Proficiency in Tax software, Excel & Word
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented & ability to multitask
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in any of our BARK offices as well as open to remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.