Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Director of Data Services to lead a high performing group of software engineers & analysts. Our group is responsible for designing & implementing business intelligence solutions for Mailchimps analyst community, supporting the development of data-intensive product features, & supporting the data-heavy custom application development needs of teams throughout the organization.
In this position we seek someone excited to work with a dynamic, diverse group of engineers & managers who are all used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. We work with teams throughout the organization, including the Analytics & Data Science Product Domain, our Abuse Prevention Team, Marketing Analytics, Strategy Operations, & more. We seek someone comfortable with leading teams responsible for both customer-facing services & highly-visible business intelligence efforts.
We seek someone with an understanding of why & how diverse teams build better software & create better cultures. Data Services is a team with a vibrant, supportive, empowered, inclusive & positive culture. We like to get things done & feel strongly about customer service & the value we bring to Mailchimp. An ideal candidate will understand the importance of that culture to the teams productivity & overall benefit this has to Mailchimp as a whole. Were looking for someone comfortable with having high expectations of us, & comfortable that we will have high expectations of you.
What youll do:
- Manage, grow, & support the Data Services team members executing on the strategic roadmap.
- Ensure that the Data Services department is inclusive in its hiring processes & day-to-day operations.
- Participate in & cultivate a culture of direct, compassionate feedback. Support a results-oriented work style, & encourage transparent communication. Facilitate effective collaboration & teamwork
- Work with the engineering department leadership to iterate on the strategic Data Services Roadmap.
- Advocate for the team & its initiatives to Engineering Senior Leadership, Mailchimps Product Leadership Team, & other leaders throughout the organization. Work with leadership throughout the organization to further the implementation of our business intelligence initiatives.
- Work cross functionally with design, marketing, product & people teams to communicate context from their parts of the organization that are relevant to Data Services ongoing efforts.
- Help identify & remove obstacles to project execution
- Evangelize the importance & role of the Data Services team throughout the organization
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in Master Data Management
- Youve got a solid track record of managing software engineering teams
- Youve got experience with Cloud Data Infrastructure products (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other vendors is also useful)
- Experience with ETL, streaming, & batch processing patterns of feeding business intelligence systems & product features
- Experience with Product Management, specifically comprehension of data science feature development in products
- Experience with vendor management & negotiation
- Experience with data warehousing in BigQuery, Teradata, Hive, Oracle, etc.
- Familiarity with Java, Python, & Airflow are a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning & Robotics Process Automation are also a huge plus.
- Experience leading & working with cross functional teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
We are open to this role being in any of our Atlanta, Brooklyn, Oakland or Vancouver locations.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.