Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Security Engineer, I to join our Security team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Taking care of our members includes securing their data. The mission of the Security team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, & make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
Identity & Access Management (IAM) is one of the most critical parts of security to get right. We are building out our IAM program to become a leader in the area. Were looking for someone to help us achieve that mission & serve as a key contributor to the Security Team & its partner teams.
You will report into the Director of Identity & Access Management.
- Contribute key input to the strategy Oscar will follow to achieve a robust & leading identity management program.
- Architect, build, test, deploy, & monitor Oscars IAM systems & beyond.
- Build risk assessment frameworks & deliver action plans to manage the assessed risk.
- Help build technical & non-technical processes, policies, & standards that reflect security best practices & minimizes Oscar's security risks.
- Engineer & facilitate cross-organizational access reviews.
- Build & maintain mutual trust with key stakeholders in the company, such as Engineering, Legal, Compliance, & the People team.
- Act as a key technical resource in the IAM space for the organization
- Have 5+ years of career experience related to information security and/or software development.
- Deep knowledge of identity & access management concepts (e.g. OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, RBAC, ABAC, MFA) or a willingness to immerse yourself in the area.
- Knowledge of *nix systems.
- Communicate security risks effectively using risk management language to both technical & non-technical audiences, including executive leadership & offering a depth of technical perspective to engineers.
- Ability to lead technical efforts & junior resources
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.