Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
The Codecademy for Business Team is responsible for building tooling & functionality for our business users. The goal of this team is to facilitate the growth of our business to business product, by helping large enterprises purchase & deploy Codecademy to thousands of employees, assign content, & track learner progress both on & off our platform.
If youre passionate about solving enterprise scale problems & thinking about how to manage hundreds or thousands of employees effectively to make sure they are maximizing their potential on Codecademy, this team is for you.
In this role, you will motivate & inspire your team to work on interesting projects related to scalability, reliability, & security as we deliver products & features that empower our learners around the world. You will need to execute on project goals by being a technical resource to your engineers as well as actively contributing to our learner experience. Clear communication as an Engineering Manager is key as you will not only be leading your specific team but collaborating across engineering teams within the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Hire & build an engineering team that is driven by the mission & vision that you champion for the team
- Work with individual engineers to define career goals & align their ambitions with relevant projects & tasks
- Guide your team on architecting & authoring services across our platform that enable our users to achieve their learning goals
- Help Improving the scalability & efficiency of our infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams to get ahead of cross-team dependencies
- Contribute to engineering team-wide process improvements & automation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of management experience with at least five engineers
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails, or similar frameworks
- Experience developing microservices using Go or other languages
- Previous experience in hiring technical talent
- Experience in performance management & career goal setting
- Experience working with cross functional teams
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Large scale systems design experience
- A track record of delivering results even when requirements are ambiguous
- Creating Roadmaps & defining success metrics
- Stakeholder negotiation
- Strong empathy & adaptability
- Experience utilizing Codecademys Platform
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.