As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Vox Media Podcast Network is home to top journalists whose shows go in-depth on topics that people care deeply about. As our programming slate expands, the Supervising Producer of Branded Audio will be a core driver of our work with brand partners. This is an opportunity to build something exciting & significant with Vox Media as we continue to innovate a variety of new audio ad formats that will help drive our business, that of our brand partners & the audio advertising industry at large, forward. This role reports to the Executive Creative Director of Vox Creative, Vox Medias award-winning content studio.
About Vox Creative:
Vox Creative is Vox Medias award-winning brand studio. Our team of strategists, writers, storytellers, & analysts create original content & experiences that connect brands with influential audiences across Vox Medias editorial networks & beyond. Vox Creative's work spans short & long-form video, podcasts, explainers, experiential, shoppable content & more. Weve built houses, invented cocktails, produced documentaries, traveled inside companies to uncover untold stories, and, on rare occasions, have gone to the moon.
What youll do:
Youll be a part of & largely drive - every phase of development for our audio work with brands, from helping develop ad product strategy to executing all aspects of production (ad reads, branded segments, full custom podcasts). In many instances, youll work with Vox Creative Strategy to ideate audio solutions for larger, cross-channel branded content programs. Youll help with sourcing & booking talent, managing & guiding freelancer assignments, developing scripts, writing scripts, setting timelines & budgets, ownership & oversight of sound design & editing.
An ability to balance creative thinking & ad innovation alongside understanding & translating brand challenges into programming solutions that leverage the unique communication strengths of the medium will be crucial for success in this role.
What youll bring:
- A versatile skill-set gained from past experience telling stories through audio.
- An organized & efficient approach to turning around audio segments or stories on a tight deadline.
- A desire to innovate & develop new & better advertising, both in existing formats & by developing new formats. Were looking for passion & hunger to build something, & to lead the team in being the best-in-class in the industry.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ear for great tape & inventive approaches to audio storytelling.
- Experience scripting or editing compelling, character-driven stories as well as more conversational interview segments.
- Experience or knowledge of - working with brands & branded content, ideally both in short-form & long-form audio.
- Experience managing key stakeholder relationships, communicating effectively with brand teams & executives, clients, & talent.
- A proven track record of developing stories that draw on diverse perspectives/source lists.
- Proficiency in audio mixing & editing.
What You Have:
- 5-7+ years of audio experience in advertising, radio or journalism.
- A proven ability to ideate, pitch & execute audio ideas, bringing an idea to bear across the entire lifecycle of a story/segment.
- The ability to communicate clearly & effectively internally & externally, including receiving, interpreting & implementing feedback as part of a very collaborative team dynamic.
- Experience writing scripts for various audio formats including host reads & segments.
- An exceptional mind for identifying every creative detail, from the music, to the effects, to tone of voice, to the talent, to make every audio experience a delight for our audiences.
- An affection & respect for audio & podcasts in particular & belief that if we respect our audience & their listening experience when developing our advertising content, we can actually be additive (dare we say delightful?) to their listening experiences.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.