Help move the world forward at Flexport.org
The Flexport.org team works with nonprofit & for-profit partners to solve environmental & social issues, both globally & locally. Our programs focus on reducing global carbon emissions, providing low-cost global freight forwarding solutions for nonprofits & community engagement. Over the past year, Flexport.org demonstrated significant contributions to global humanitarian aid work as well as to Flexports business success. The Flexport.org Senior/Operations Associate will ensure that aid gets to where it is needed most - efficiently, every time - & help build out the capacity of the nonprofit community by acting as their logistics subject matter expert.
- Manage all aspects of shipments related to humanitarian aid, development projects, & corporate product donations from origin to destination
- Coordinate a wide variety of shipments, including those on emerging lanes for Flexport & involving complex processes (i.e. exports to Africa, domestic trucking to non-profit receivers, dangerous goods & refrigerated goods, etc.)
- Shepherd nonprofits & other social impact organizations through the complexities of international trade; consult with Flexport.org clients & partners (such as international aid agencies) to optimize supply chain processes
- Implement strategies to track & grow the impact of Flexport.org shipments
- Plan, execute, & document cargo movements to regions that are new to Flexport, navigating volatile import regulations
- Help lead the other members of the operations team, providing cross-functional guidance & training
- Provide high-level account management & strategic assistance to clients
- Collaborate with the rest of the Flexport.org team & those in supporting departments (Customs, Supply, Legal, Compliance, Partners) to ensure the highest level of service possible
- Support the development of Flexports disaster relief, donation matchmaking, & Flexport.org Fund programs
- Develop & drive new ideas & initiatives to grow Flexport.orgs impact
You Should Have:
- 1-4 years of experience in operations, project management, sales/account management, or a client facing role
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, humanitarian aid, international development, or social impact (preferred)
- DG certification (preferred)
- Impact-driven: obsessed with enabling sustainability & global development initiatives, maximizing the impact of both Flexport.org & our clients programs
- Leadership abilities to work & communicate effectively with multiple internal & external stakeholders
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of compliance regulations & a keen ability to set shipments up safely & for success
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the clients needs & the larger problems in the humanitarian & development space, striving to become an expert on aid logistics (Flexport.org = constant learning & problem solving)
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through metrics & operational details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- A desire to join a new & fast-growing business unit - like in every startup, grit & a hands-on mentality are important for success
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.