Were in search of a kitchen leader with culinary chops, a natural ability to inspire & teach others, a passion for real food, & the management skills to run a group of restaurants. Youre in charge of executing six seasonal menu changes each year. Youll have resources from the DIG Support Team to run best in class kitchens. Youll train both seasoned & novice cooks, helping to nurture the next generation of chefs & keep the love of cooking in the kitchen.
You will manage 3-5 restaurants. You will report to the Chief Culinary Officer & work closely with the Senior Manager People Operations.
- Train restaurant staff how to cook, serve, store & order fresh food.
- Encourage a learning environment by ensuring restaurant leaders are always training & teaching cooks.
- Create a passionate culture in which people love to cook & feed others - & experience that joy every single day.
- Develop menus & seasonal specials with DIG Culinary Team.
- Bring your A game & ensure restaurants exceed all DOH food & safety standards.
- Continually improve our kitchen production methods to maximize efficiency & meet food & labor costs.
- Be a voice of calm & confidence in high pressure situations & demonstrate leadership through adept problem solving.
- A joy for cooking & excellent kitchen skills attained from a culinary degree or equivalent field experience.
- 5+ years of experience in restaurants, including working with high volume.
- Solid communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Strong work ethic & an obsession for getting the job done well.
- Good business sense (numbers will be involved).
- Ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts.
- Two words: organization & cleanliness.
- Oh yeah, a current ServeSafe certificate.
- Creativity, an open mind, & a sense of humor.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership plan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.