Are you ready for a high-growth opportunity that will impact the future of food?
Your experience leading kitchens & training cooks to master the fine chop has lead you to develop a niche for restaurant operations & business. As the team caters to our guests, you are consistently in the process of developing them to master the chop or get the first taste of analyzing a P&L. You are a food-driven leader who seeks the next challenge, as you know hard work is key to govern a strong, & high-volume operation.
- Be responsible for the entire culinary & restaurant operation, as well as financial responsibilities such as food cost management, labor efficiency, & building top-line sales
- Develop all team members & keep retention rates high & promotions frequent
- Handle daily P&L responsibility- accountability for all food & labor costs
- Oversee the quality of fresh ingredients received from our farm partners
- Be the face of hospitality & be a central force by interacting with guests to deliver exceptional service
- Oversee inventory, supply & scheduling
- Achieve & maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable & role-modeling cleanliness from your tactics organizing the kitchen & all stations
- Handle all employee relations communication (including disciplinary action)
- Hire & interview candidates while properly managing recruiting needs
- Review & collaborate on people development plans with our Director of Training
- Communicate verbally & digitally on a daily basis across various systemic & organizational platforms such as GoogleDrive, Hot Schedules, Slack, Wrike, Revel, Paycom, etc.
- 3 - 5 years minimum kitchen management experience
- A passion for real, good food & the leadership skills to operate a high volume restaurant
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves & pitch in whenever necessary
- The demonstrated skills to motivate & develop a high performing team
- The discipline & desire to create systems & organization within fast changing environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn technological platforms & work systematically with them
- Familiarity with restaurant costing & inventory software
- An eye for detail
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The desire for professional improvement & the process of learning
- The drive to network & build strong ties in your restaurants community
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem
- An organized approach to achieving team goals
- Proven tactics to successful operations in an evolving environment
- Your Department of Health and/or ServSafe certification
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our missionbuilding kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Read about our expansion here & the opportunity to be an Executive Chef with our team.