BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
This role serves as the leader of the Enterprise Integration team in Corporate IT reporting to the IT Director. Designs, oversees, & provides ongoing management of the Companys enterprise integration platform. As a meaningful leader in the companys digital transformation, works very closely with the leaders of the Database Administration & Business Intelligence teams as well as other stakeholders within IS & the business. Serves as the leader in the growth & support both batch & real-time integration technologies. Sets the objective & elaborates strategic roadmap to plan, design, execute & iterate. Modernizes & builds scalability in our integration ecosystem. Eliminates point-to-point integrations, decouples operational systems, automates business processes & mitigates impact to existing applications as the enterprise application portfolio continues to grow. Implements & supports Agile Development methodology. Builds integration team & collaborates closely with Operational & IT teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with IS leadership, including Enterprise Architecture, to ensure modern scalable integration design.
- Continues to refine integration methodology & supporting data model, to ensure new integration efforts are performed consistently & that the growing integration footprint is documented & supported.
- Defines Integrated Service Strategy & Roadmap, influences product Standards & Lifecycle plans, & proposes projects to create or enhance the service.
- Ensures adherence with code management practices to guarantee that the diverse & distributed integration code base is kept secure, stable & aligned with project & environmental needs.
- Provides technical direction & guidance to all integration developers, including reviewing code to ensure alignment with internal standards & conventions, ensuring tasks are completed on time, & reporting status to upper management as well as providing technical designs & specifications based on high level business requirements.
- Identifies & applies integration patterns while making sure that key factors, such as performance, availability & scalability are considered.
- Partners with IS leaders on the use of new & emerging integration & data virtualization technologies, data models, & data governance.
- Establishes technical guidelines of best practices in integration technology utilization based on business requirements, integration strategy, design & governance.
- Works with technical stakeholders & the PMO to review new project requests & effectively balance resources to ensure that all projects which involve integration have integration resources assigned.
- Skilled at working effectively within cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written & verbal communication & presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of Integration Services, delivery framework & middleware capabilities.
- Works with technical & business stakeholders to define business & technical requirements & extrapolates these into technical designs & specifications.
- Balances critical integration resources between project & support work, ensuring the business is supported first & foremost while minimizing the impact to project timelines.
- Helps drive standardization of development, testing & documentation practices & to ensure that the integration projects are successfully managed & delivered to add value to the business, while building a technical solution that can be accountable, maintained & positioned for continued future growth.
- Analyzes a problem in multiple dimensions, from business rules to complex technical processes.
- Coordinates escalation schedule for 24-7 on-call rotation, which consists of all integration developers, to ensure overnight batches & real-time integrations continue to meet all SLAs, & that service interruptions are resolved as quickly as possible.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years of overall experience with 5+ years of team lead experience.
- Working knowledge of business functional areas:
- Supply Chain & business support systems
- Corporate Systems including Finance & HR
- Knowledge & capability in relevant technology, including:
- BizTalk or other message-based integration platforms
- XML, XSD, JSON technologies
- Web-Services & SOA
- SQL Server (2005 - 2018)
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS).
- Database development using T-SQL; complex set-based query development for use in stored procedures & views.
- Database design; logical & physical models, normalized & dimensional models.
- Database support; investigating data anomalies, identifying offending records when referential integrity is violated.
- C# & the .Net Framework, included but not limited to LINQ & Entity Framework.
- Multi-cloud (e.g.: AWS, MS Azure) integration, performance, monitoring & governance
- Leadership, Talent Management & Development Skills
- Team building & collaboration
- Talent Development (e.g.: goal-setting, performance management)
- Professional & administrative skills:
- Ad-Hoc data analysis & research
- Unit, functional & user-acceptance testing
- Data validation
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Abstract thinking & creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to persevere through ambiguity & work independently
- Collaborative skills
- Quality & detail oriented
- Excellent written & verbal communication (Technical, Functional, Cross-functional)
- Process-oriented approach to analysis & design
- Ability to respond quickly & effectively to changing priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, a related field or equivalent practical experience.