Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content & systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty & administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools & higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment thats fun, collaborative & innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education & aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
The award-winning Schoology team is growing quickly & with the business scaling, we are looking for someone to join our Finance department. You will be our point person who all department heads rely on for KPIs. Our ideal candidate will have spent a couple of years as a financial analyst within a venture capital, private equity or investment banking environment having then made the transition into the corporate world gathering data from various systems & ensuring its accuracy.
Reporting to our CFO, you will be responsible for:
- Financialmodeling for Schoology revenue & expenses
- Playing a key role in the annual planning process including:
- The annual static budget, the annual 3YP & the monthly forecast
- Contribute to quarterly & monthly financial reports
- Contribute to monthly business unit review meetings & reports
- Update/maintain real-time revenue tracking & forecasting capabilities
- Work with the accounting team to integrate actual results reporting with forecasting, budgeting, variance reporting & general trend analysis
- Management / KPI reporting & analysis
- Contribute to Monthly Dashboards for Management
- Review monthly financial results against plan & provide senior leadership with insight, trends, & highlights
- Analyze current & past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses & capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends & analyzing causes of unexpected variance, focusing on currency, geography, product line, margin impact, customer behavior & other trend drivers
- Business analytics
- Help drive meaningful insights with data that is reusable & easy to hand-off
- Ad hoc strategic projects
- Ad hoc reporting & analysis to support executive team & department heads
- Ad hoc financial models & analyses to support strategic initiatives
Your Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in an analytical & data-driven role in consulting, investment banking, private equity, or corporate strategy
- 2+ years Operational experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Comfort analyzing large data sets via SQL queries, MS Access, data cubes, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience producing reports & presentations for senior leadership.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Hands on mindset; willingness to roll up sleeves & work with members of the team in hands-on capacity.
- Detail-oriented, outgoing, self-motivated & goal driven mindset
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity & Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer & embraces diversity of every kind.