Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Software Engineer in our Stratus Group, you will be helping re-architect the platform on public, private & hybrid clouds to allow for frequent, predictable & high impact changes. You will ensure that our world-class infrastructure is always available, responsive, & capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic & high-powered development team. And youll be transforming our architecture to a modern services architecture that makes it easy for feature teams to leverage microservices & containerization technologies.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Passion in DevOps, Release Engineering & trends including CI/CD
- To become a master of our product infrastructure, while utilizing cloud technologies to build immutable, secure, repeatable, & durable platforms for service owners to quickly build & iterate on
- Forward thinking in keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve & scale
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle & help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Experience designing & building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Memcache, Zookeeper, Terraform & designing & building new infrastructure features
- Valuing innovation & investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth & leadership. Whether its through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others & get creative juices flowing
- A large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers & leaders to have a sense of community & accomplishment
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Golang, or Java
- Familiarity with monitoring & performance tools like Prometheus
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.