Location: San Francisco Area, New York City, or Remote
The Professional Services teams mission is to successfully implement & ingrain our solution to enable customers to effectively utilize & adopt BetterWorks solution over the long-term. The Professional Services team is part of our Customer Success team, which is dedicated to delivering a world-class experience to our customers & helping them embrace Continuous Performance Management (CPM) & goal-setting best practices. The Project Manager is a vital, customer-facing role within the team, leading the charge to manage customer implementations. This role reports to the Senior Director of Professional Services.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project life cycle for multiple customer projects at the same time. The role is to interface with clients, project team members, & senior management to drive successful outcomes for our customers.
- Act as the single point of accountability for all aspects of the project
- Control all aspects of project to meet customer expectations & manage budgetary objectives tied to the project
- Track project status, timelines & issues & risks.
- Lead & direct project kickoff meetings along with executive steering committee meetings
- Maintain project documentation & prepare/deliver project progress reports
- Conduct internal project review meetings & act as project information source
- Monitor project deliverables to ensure quality is maintained
- Ensure that deliverables are on time, & on/under budget
- Identify & mitigate project risks
- Develop & maintain detailed project schedules
- Manage project scope & change management activities
- Manage & lead client communications
- Establish a trusted partner relationship with client project stakeholders
- Serve as the primary client interface for project schedule & scope
- Maintain routine communications with the management concerning all aspects of the project
- Minimum of three years of experience managing projects, including project scope & budget, creating project plans, managing project resources, issue resolution, & reporting project status.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification highly preferred
- Experience managing Human Capital & Talent Management implementations
- Experience integrating HCM systems via different integration platforms a plus
- Experience with cloud based HR systems highly preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Strong documentation skills, including the ability to write various planning documents, e.g. communications plan, test plan, test plan, roles & responsibilities matrix, etc.
- An ability to work both independently & within a team environment
- An ability to work creatively & analytically in a problem-solving, fast-paced environment
- An ability to work closely with multiple internal organizations
- An ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects, oversee daily project operations, & support other projects in a contributor role
- Ability to travel up to 25% required
Perks at BetterWorks:
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated & intelligent folks with a unique range of startup & enterprise experience
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Mentorship opportunities
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Daily catered meals
- Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
BetterWorks provides continuous performance management for organizations like Lumeris, Vertiv, Kroger, Akamai & Schneider Electric. It helps leaders easily improve employee performance through seamless goal setting & ongoing feedback. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City, & is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Emergence Capital & 8VC. The experienced team comes from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce & Yammer. Learn more at https://www.betterworks.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive & diverse BetterWorks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, & better ideas allow us to better understand the needs & interests of our diverse, global BetterWorks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives & are an equal opportunity employer.