Group Nine is looking for a passionate, experienced, entrepreneurial Managing Editor to add to our rapidly expanding Commerce team. Once hired, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the expansion of our affiliate content verticals, including building editorial schedules, managing freelancers, developing content strategy, & gathering insights. The Managing Editor will be tasked with increasing revenue, building trusted content verticals, & harnessing consumer insights for the Commerce business as a whole. The Managing Editor will report into the senior Commerce team & will work closely with brand editorial to hone voice & integrate into existing editorial workflows.
- Editing affiliate content for voice, tone, SEO, & conversion
- Helping to develop the voice, aesthetic, & brand positioning for new affiliate content verticals
- Oversee the creation of evergreen formats (reviews, gift guides, etc.)
- Compose editorial calendar for spotlight deals & roundups
- Build & manage a roster of freelancers for the fulfillment of the editorial calendar
- Track performance & conversion across several platforms, analyze for trends & insights that can be used to drive the Commerce business at large
- Adjust topics, voice, & output in order to maximize conversion, drive value for affiliate partners, & increase revenue
- Drive content & conversion strategy across pieces & brands
- Work with affiliate networks & platforms to optimize relationships with these external partners
- 5+ years in a senior editorial position with experience in a commerce or product-review role
- Comfort using data to drive product selection & content decisions
- Proficiency with content analytics programs (Google Analytics, SEMRush, Parse.ly) & SEO best practices
- Familiarity with commerce best practices as well as affiliate platforms & strategy.
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, & copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Entrepreneurial spirit & the desire to help design & build an important internal content business with significant upside
- Accountable for growth & the ability to work independently
- A passion for one or more of the Group Nine family of brands, with particular expertise in relevant content categories
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.