Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Marketing at Policygenius...
At Policygenius, we prioritize consumer needs above all elseand it starts with our marketing. As a startup looking to disrupt centuries-old behemoths, were taking a completely different approach to help consumers understand financial protection. Through our educational content, direct tone, & emphasis on transparency, we empower them to make good financial decisions for themselves & their families.
About the role...
As the Director of Product Marketing, you & your team will champion the voice of the consumer in everything we do. You will be responsible for owning our go-to-market strategy for our various insurance verticals (Life, Disability, Home, Auto, etc.) as well as discovering & actioning insights about our consumers & our products across our entire marketing mix.
Working closely with the Marketing team, youll help grow our audience & improve our messaging strategies to better convey our value & deliver on consumer needs. With the Product team, youll help ensure we continue to uphold our commitment to be the easy way to compare & buy insurance online.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position has the unique opportunity to work cross-functionally with the full marketing, product, & operations teams.
- Develop comprehensive research strategies to uncover new insights about our consumers & translate those into actionable product features & marketing tactics
- Be a leader at the table with the Product team, helping to prioritize new features, tests & products based on your understanding of our consumer insights
- Lead a growing team of product marketers who are responsible for connecting the dots between product, marketing & operations for each of our insurance verticals
- 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing and/or related fields, growth-stage startup experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with marketing & product platforms (Iterable, Optimizely, Unbounce, Tableau, Google Analytics)
- Experience leading, recruiting & motivating high-performing teams in fast-paced environments
- Superior written & verbal communication skills for customer-facing & internal audiences
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with Product, Marketing, Customer Service & Sales teams
- Basic technical skills, including HTML, CSS, & SQL
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)