Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role will be reporting to the Accounting Manager based in New York & will be a part of a diverse team who are responsible for the accounting across numerous international legal entities
- Participate in month end close activities, including the preparation & review of journals for Account Receivable, Accruals, Prepaid, Deferred Rent, Intercompany, Allocations.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts to ensure elimination upon consolidation.
- Maintain fixed asset subledger for accounting, processing & reporting of the assets
- Prepare & review monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Maintain & update the Close Management software (FloQast)
- Assist in reviewing & updating accounting & internal control procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls
- Assist with the year-end international & domestic audits (information gathering & financial statement preparation).
- Assist with the information gathering & reporting of both international & domestic tax returns.
- Assist & lead other special projects as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- ACCA/CPA Certified
- At least 3 years experience in financial reporting, accounting or audit
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting systems (Oracle a plus)
- Advance IT Skills, particularly in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups)
- Fluency in English written & oral (at least B2 Upper Intermediate level)
- Proactive & flexible approach
- Ability to work independently in time efficient manner