The Chief Technology Office leads Appians long-term technology strategy. This role directly reports to Michael Beckley, Founder & Chief Technology Officer. You will work closely with Michael by preparing for meetings, gathering feedback, & ensuring his interactions run smoothly. In addition to supporting Michael, the Chief Technology Office improves the product by partnering with Product Management, Product Marketing, & Technology Partnerships to identify & execute strategic technology initiatives. The Chief Technology Office also leads internal audits by collaborating with Sales, Support, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Success, & the rest of the organization to identify, measure, & enhance the overall customer experience.
- Passionate about technology & continuous learning
- A self-starter who needs little direction to get results
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, & adaptable to changing priorities
- Comfortable with public speaking & networking
- Able to handle sensitive & confidential information with discretion
- Enjoys working independently & with cross-departmental teams
- Orchestrating client & prospect meetings, briefing documents, & owning follow-up activities
- Prepare architecture briefings & presentations for customer meetings
- Conduct audits, author actionable recommendations, & track the results
- Keep abreast of the latest industry trends, products, & competitive landscape
- Prepare data-driven in depth analysis reports & executive summaries on markets, companies or products as required
- Prototyping new & emerging technologies
- Experience with Low-code, traditional coding & software development
- Management consulting experience or training
- Experience working with C-level executives
- Strong presentation software (Slides, Powerpoint, Keynote) skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate & transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.