Who We Are
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You are an engineer who loves working with data. The more data there is, the more excited you get. Data sources? The more, the better. Messy data doesnt scare you. You want to learn & implement cutting edge technology that helps move, store, & analyze large & complex data sets. You are a data nerd. Or is it a data geek?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, & manage efficient, fault-tolerant, & high-volume data pipelines
- Build & maintain ETLs
- Manage databases & tables
- Design, build, & test solutions that touch every part of the data pipeline
- Work with engineering to collect new data
- Expose new data for data analysts & downstream users to use
- Enable more advanced analytics for data analysts & other stakeholders
- Collaborate with other teams at Braze & enable them with data
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of data-focused, technical experience working with large & complex data sets
- Experience with creating, monitoring, optimizing, improving, & scaling databases
- Experience writing ETL/ELT
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Ruby
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Security & privacy minded
- Fast learner, self-starter, go-getter, intellectually curious, all that jazz
- Bonus Points:
- Familiarity with analytics technologies (i.e. Looker) a plus
- Familiarity with non-relational databases (i.e. MongoDB) a plus
- Familiarity with Snowflake a plus
- Familiarity with Pandas a plus
- Familiarity with Kafka is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, & group events. Inclusive & diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company & have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.