BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Primary duties will be to support Pure Storages inside sales team & be the technical sales advisor which demonstrates the technical benefits of Pures solution to our prospects & customers.
- Assist prospects & customers with demonstrations, system configurations, & answers to technical questions & be responsible for removing technical barriers in the sales process through opportunity qualification, product demonstrations, & technical presentations, via Zoom, or other mediums.
- Respond to telephone & electronic communications from customers, resellers, Inside Account Executives, & Management team regarding product applications, pricing, & ongoing projects.
- Demonstrate technical leadership & subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, & competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS & SAN product spaces.
- Technically understand our competitors products, so a suitable Pure Storage replacement can be recommended.
- Provide technical knowledge to Inside Account Executives to ensure their ability to position & sell Pure Storage solutions. Knowledge transfer occurs for individuals & groups in the form of continuous ad-hoc training.
- Work with established programs & sizing tools to provide customers with product performance solution that meets & exceeds their expectations.
- Apply critical thinking techniques to work through difficult customer situations
- Work closely with Engineering, Support, Professional Service & Product Management in helping to define product requirements, deployment, troubleshooting & usability.
- Perform other related duties, as needed.
- You will report to the Systems Engineering Manager.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 3+ years of experience (technology industry preferred)
- Strong phone presence & experience in a high-volume customer interaction environment.
- Conscientious attitude & dependability, strengths in teamwork & communication.
- Confident, articulate & professional speaking abilities, & a strong ability to listen
- Ability to collect data, identify problems, establish facts & draw valid conclusions.
- Preparation & delivery of technical product & architecture presentations.
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Passion for technology & aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Strong knowledge of VMware, Windows, UNIX OS variants (Linux, AIX, ), NFS file systems & network environments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently & proactively, while applying a high level of business & technical acumen to a variety of situations.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs & RFIs
- Demonstrated listening, written communication & product presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & projects, in real-time scenarios.
- Domestic, overnight travel 5-10% of the time.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to relocate upon graduation/promotion
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.