WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is crafting a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying, designing & building a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ counties & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
About the Role
The Integrations QA Senior Lead will provide guidance & support on operational business improvement as it relates to API, enterprise integration & automation initiatives. As WeWork grows & rapidly expands, quality assurance & testing are critical to the business to ensure we deliver creative, scalable & robust solutions that are reusable, system agnostic & of the highest caliber. The ideal candidate has experience building out testing requirements, documentation, processes, roadmaps & executing testing for APIs across a broad range of platforms. This candidate must be experienced in the enterprise integration ecosystem. The QA Senior Lead will be a critical team member, who has the ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional testing efforts across a wide spectrum of applications.
The Integrations QA Senior Lead must be highly analytical & adept at working in a team environment, collaborating with the core Business Systems & Integration team, as well as teams across the organization that use APIs as a method of integration- including Finance, Technology, Supply Chain & Human Resources. The ability to prioritize multiple projects, triage competing priorities, & effectively partner with stakeholders is imperative to this role.
This role will report to the Director of Engineering, Business Systems, & will be highly collaborative with Integrations, Product & across Finance & Technology.
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience in experience managing the design, development & delivery of testing requirements for API/SaaS applications, with a focus on workflow & process solutions
- Strong background in in QA for SaaS/API applications & knowledge of unit, integration & performance testing is required
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders, product & integrations teams to collect & document requirements, build sustainable, comprehensive testing plans/protocols & deliver testing roadmaps
- Own the testing process to ensure adherence to quality standards & evangelize the QA testing methodology within the business systems team
- Work closely with the integrations team to find API/programming defects & drive time-sensitive resolution, as well as communication, on all defects/issues that arise
- Collaborate with teams to assess when automation is not feasible, & deliver on testing process/plans that require a higher degree of manual effort/touchpoints
- Shape & improve the QA & testing processes in line with continuous business & process improvement
- Analyze & track QA-related artifacts & metrics for reporting & auditing purposes
- Collaborate effectively within the Business Systems team, with cross-functional stakeholders & internal consumers of data where APIs are used as a method of integrations to ensure visibility & seamless/on-time delivery of requirements
- Effectively implement quality assurance best practices for SaaS / API applications
- Demonstrated experience writing software requirement & test specifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- 3+ years experience in QA for SaaS / API applications & familiarity with API-led integration environments
- Comfortable using an automated test framework for web applications (Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in data modification & API testing
- Experience building & implementing QA processes, protocols & timelines
- Deep understanding of unit, integration & performance testing
- Experience with large scale web applications/ ERP systems
- Functional financial and/or financial systems exposure is a preferred
- Exposure to JIRA is preferred
- Workday, Mule4 and/or Java experience is a plus
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills