Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Operations Manager is responsible for guiding & developing teams by motivating, mentoring, & coaching their Process Assistants & Associates. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to optimize safety, quality, production, cost & quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Managers are servant leaders who exhibit empathy & compassion for associates in all of their actions. They dive in, roll up their sleeves to help, make tools available & remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles.
What Youll Do:
- Actively run shifts with safety, quality, production, & cost at the forefront of all decision making
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- Implement weekly schedule & manage labor budget
- Establish & meet KPIs
- Maintain strong working knowledge of processes & policies
- Focus on team & department growth & development
- Recruit, screen, & select talent at the Process Assistant levels
- Communicate feedback to improve the operation & employee experience
- Execute & present quarterly projects that meaningfully improve the business
- Parter cross-functionally & interdepartmentally to solve
- Lead teams through change & embrace continuous improvement
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Six Sigma Certification
- 1+ years of experience leading people & teams, ideally in Operations or Manufacturing setting
- Desire to learn, grow, & be developed to the next level
- Ability to give & receive constructive feedback, including disciplinary action conversations
- Confidence to speak in front of large groups
- Flexibility to work flex shifts, hours, nights, & weekends as business dictates
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency & attention to detail
- A positive, can-do attitude that seeks solutions
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- The ability to read reports & summarize conclusions drawn from data
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges & workflow for associates
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.