Kepler executes engineered marketing, where every message & ad delivered helps create a more personalized & productive relationship between brands & their consumers. We do this by acting as clients agency of record, as their in-house team, or some hybrid of the two & by harnessing data & technology across all paid digital media & data-driven CRM channels.
Kepler prides itself on being a great place to work. In fact, were proud to share that AdAge recognized Kepler among the Best Place to Work in 2022, validating our investment in our team & our clients.
- We're transparent with our employees. You'll hear updates on company financials, how we're performing against bonus goals, & how we're responding to challenges we face.
- We're growing. For you, that means unparalleled growth opportunities & a role in shaping the direction of the company.
- We're fun. You'll work with & learn from the smartest people in the industry & have a blast doing it.
We are looking for an experienced Controller for our US Finance team. In this role you will be responsible for leading a remote 5-person team, overseeing all aspects of the monthly close process, & generating timely financial statements.
Additionally, you will be tasked with developing Keplers next generation of internal controls, collaborating with tax advisors to ensure best in class compliance, & driving continuous improvement across all US accounting functions.
Youll need outstanding project management skills, a strong technical aptitude, & a keen ability to influence people to excel in an ever-changing environment. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee US monthly, quarterly, & annual close processes
- Prepare financials for both internal management & parent company review
- Lead & develop US Finance team (5 FTEs); including A/R, A/P, & Payroll (including Costa Rica & Canada offices)
- Manage & monitor all accounts, ledgers, & reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards & regulatory requirements
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies & procedures; implement & maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Coordinate the activities of External auditors & provide needed information for interim & annual audits
- Collaborate with Tax advisors to prepare interim & annual tax filings
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal government requirements as applicable
- Engage with senior management to assess & resolve operational challenges
- Coordinate with other risk management teams (e.g., Information Security, Legal, Business Operations) to minimize duplication of effort & ensure efficient execution of critical operational functions
- Codify & share best practices across teams
- Ad hoc projects & requests as they arise
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in financial management (i.e Big 4 firm or corporate controllership function)
- Bachelors degree in accounting, tax, or finance; CPA preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices (e.g. leading teams, organizing financial audit, managing monthly close, etc)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with strong ability to create & build relationships
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple projects, & pay close attention to details
- Ability to contribute to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-based environment
- Strong analytical skills, & comfort with Google Sheets/MS Excel; experience with Sage Intacct desirable but not required
- Experience with Close Management software such as Planful, Blackline, et al desirable but not required
Please note that, at this time & for this position, we cannot accommodate long term future sponsorship needs for US work authorization but can accommodate OPT STEM extensions. Please note in your application, if you fall under this category.
Protect yourself from recruitment fraud. The only way to apply for a position at Kepler is by submitting a direct application via the Keplergrp.com website or working with a recruiter employed by Kepler with a @keplergrp.com email address. Learn how to stay safe by clicking here