Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact at a high-growth company? Are you inspired to help make your workplace one of the best out there? Do you love interacting with people & thinking outside the box? If so, you may be the person were looking for to take our People team to the next level!
What You Will Do:
- Support Skillz employees & their growth as an ambassador of Skillz culture:
- Research & support implementation of company policies, perks & benefit offerings to help Skillz stay ahead of the curve.
- Coordinate rewards & recognition for employees throughout their Skillz journey.
- Represent Skillzs HR team as a main respondent to inbound HR-related inquiries.
- Project manage critical HR processes, such as promotions, compensation changes, performance reviews & benefits changes.
- Compose employee letters & legal documents to support growth at Skillz.
- Provide support on employee relations issue responses, as needed.
- Build & maintain a solid foundation for Skillz & its employees as a partner to our team & business:
- Proactively keep the pulse on HR compliance requirements & administer necessary updates.
- Generate reports that support the bigger People picture for department planning, company insights & executive insights.
- Provide backup for on-boarding & off-boarding logistics.
- Partner with Payroll & Legal teams on cross-departmental projects.
- Support HR team with special ad-hoc projects.
- Help manage HRIS systems to maintain accurate, compliant employee records.
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years of experience as an HR coordinator/assistant or similar role
- Sound judgment & problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism & discretion
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication skills
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.