Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable & accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, & grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health & productivity, Indigos portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, & rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, & So Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Quality Assurance Research Associate is to ensure that Indigo seed applied microbial products meet established quality standards & expectations by performing microbial analytical procedures to characterize in-process & commercial microbial samples.
- Follow established QC processes & protocols to determine concentration & purity of microbial samples.
- Perform CFU plating, colony counting & associated lab duties.
- Conduct stability analysis on concept & final formulations & assess physical attributes of samples, including viscosity, density & moisture.
- Record QC data & results, & report to stakeholders.
- Execute on contamination preventive initiatives, using 5S methodology.
- Isolates DNA & runs PCR on microbial samples
- Maintain a clean & organized lab space
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or Microbiology with prior lab experience.
- Strong microbiology & associated microbial testing methodologies background, with applied experience in CFU plating
- Working knowledge of Quality Control procedures & processes, experience writing & following SOPs.
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy. Organized & methodical.
- 1-3 years of Full-Time work experience in a laboratory setting performing microbiological analyses required