The Shipping & Fulfillment Team is a new team being formed in the Commerce Online Stores group. The mission of Online Stores is to enable Squarespace merchants to augment their online presence with a beautiful storefront so that they can transact with their customers. Shipping & Fulfillment is a critical function of any small business & Squarespace wants to develop the tools to make this as seamless as possible. As a team lead, you will work closely with a Product Manager to align on objectives & key results to help Commerce reach its long-term goals. Furthermore, you will work closely with other engineering leaders to define technical strategy & architecture for our growing Commerce platform.
Squarespace is seeking experienced technology leaders to grow our products & the teams that build them. Were looking for engineers who are hands on & still want to code, but who also want to spend a part (<50%) of their time managing & mentoring more junior engineers on the team.
We firmly believe that design is not merely how it looks but how it works. With this in mind, our backend engineers work on Product Engineering teams, which are dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated products possible. If you are a self-motivated server side engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product initiatives & carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you! As a team lead, youd typically be the most senior engineer on a team of 3-5 engineers, & would report to the Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Write server-side code, create robust high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace platform, building backend services with Java
- Mentor junior engineers on the team, actively participate in code reviews, & provide higher level technical guidance as necessary
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Ensure the reliability of systems critical to Squarespace users & businesses powered by Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Strong Object Oriented development skills & proficiency in Java or another Object Oriented language
- Experience managing teams of 3-5 engineers
- Extensive experience developing large-scale software
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & reliable code
- Strong understanding of database schema design, caching & scalability
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.