Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Operations Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Insurance Operations team is entrusted with several departments that all come together to enhance the experience of our Members & Providers across the states & markets in which we operate. We are scaling our operations & we are looking for someone to help guide that effort. You will lead a large team in our core operation ensuring they have the necessary support, & are empowered to move the needle for our members & provider partners in a growing operation
Collaboration is the key to our growth & you will work with all of the important partners functions at Oscar including the Risk, Network, Clinical, Concierge, Population Health, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, & Compliance teams.
You will report into the Senior Manager of Insurance Operations.
- Develop a baseline understanding of the operations ecosystem (incl. the underlying technology) & the current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps
- Embody Oscars vision of customer-orientation & lean production
- Engage & lead the current members of the team
- Build relationships with company partners (youll work with multiple teams, & the Oscar leadership team)
- Implement measurable, repeatable, scalable, & predictable processes
- Drive continuous improvement to allow the organization to grow efficiently & effectively
- A Bachelors degree
- 5+ years experience leading & developing a large team of front-line operators
- Experience leading within a production-based organization & improving operational metrics & customer experience.
- Experience improving workflows & building teams, implementing large-scale process improvements, & using a lean / efficient management approach
- Have a zero inventory mindset in combination with continuous improvement tooling
- Healthcare industry experience (Complaints, Grievances & Appeals, Provider Data & Credentialing)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.