Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
WorldRemit has recently established a Group Audit & Assurance function. This function is responsible for providing independent & objective assurance to the Board & Executive Management on the effectiveness of risk management, control & governance processes.
This is an opportunity to join a newly established team & play a key role in shaping the way it operates. WorldRemit is going through a period of sustained growth & placing increased focus on efficiency & precision, therefore the Audit & Assurance team is looking to take an innovative approach to its work to ensure it is fit for purpose.
You will be expected to support the Group Audit & Assurance Officer to embed the Audit & Assurance function into the business & to deliver high quality audits across a range of subject matter areas.
While you will be based in London, the role will require you to connect with colleagues in all our offices globally.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to make their first move out of practice & into industry.
- Risk based audit planning, execution & reporting.
- Desktop controls testing.
- Developing & implementing control self-assessment activities.
- Support the development of the annual audit plan.
- Contribute to the development of the audit methodology, tools & templates.
- Hold effective meetings with audit subjects.
- Develop practical & cost-effective recommendations that the business will agree to.
- Work with staff in our overseas offices to complete audit & assurance activities.
- Lead reviews with minimal supervision.
- Where possible, use data analytics to enhance audit work.
- Develop strong relationships throughout the business
- Follow up & validate remediation of agreed action items.
- Undertake ad hoc work to advise the business, as required to improve risk & control awareness
Summary of required experience & attributes
- ACA or equivalent or CIA qualified or near qualification
- 2-4 years internal or external audit experience
- Experience auditing financial processes & controls
- Strong excel skillset, can use excel to perform data analysis
- A willing champion for audit, assurance & risk management within the business
- Courage to ask difficult questions to get to the root cause of issues
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code