At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
About the team:
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to build great products while providing guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, & maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting & HR to attract & retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, & career development
- Develop & implement processes for building better software & better teams, & become an evangelist for architectural & organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate & test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, & communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, & advocate for & drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative & inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, & effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, & self-management
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Have a track record of mentoring & growing people
- Have extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Successfully recruited great people to your team
- You have experience leading & managing engineers towards delivering timely high quality software
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture & product decisions
- Have strong organizational ability & can break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detailwhether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers & businesses
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.