Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In Corporate IT our mission is to be obsessed with customer experience & be the best delivery organization. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will act as liaison between business partners & development team & make sure internally developed product for Visa's Operational Resiliency business function is built as per the requirements. You will work with business stakeholders to drive requirements & product releases. The ideal candidate will bring energy & enthusiasm to evolve our platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements, able to provide POC's, solutions & be forward thinking to identify opportunities for improvement. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards & being curiously creative.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with a Master's Degree
- Overall 10 -12 years of experience in Software Development & System Analysis
- 5+ years of rich experience in working with mission critical, highly available applications as System Analyst/Business Analyst/ Solution Architect
- 3+ Years of experience in building or working with full stack developed application systems
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design & Development.
- Experience with CICD framework & tools like Jira, Jenkins, Git/Stash
- Experience with NoSQL databases, MongoDB is required
- Experience in developing prototypes, POC's is required
- Understanding & working experience with Hibernate frameworks
- Strong hands-on experience with REST web services
- Excellent verbal, & written communication skills & presentation skills to communicate effectively the business needs & product road map in team & to multiple organization levels
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Understanding of application programming, web services, database & system design
- Experience in building & managing business continuity applications is added advantage
- Understanding or experience with mobile applications a plus
- Working experience in large enterprises is beneficial
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure & resolution of complex system issues
- Work with project stakeholders including business & technology teams to review & understand business requirements & to translate those requirements into written detailed use case documentation & functional requirements specifications
- Effectively use planning tools such as Jira to develop documents & to provide clear vision for scope, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, product requirements, acceptance criteria & other materials as needed to support technical design, development & QA activities
- Analyze system & data failures to identify & contribute to operational excellence & control needs
- Provide conceptual estimations, project timelines, develop TDD, FDD
- Work as liaison between development & business teams
- Analyze the BRD by converting into multiple independent enhancements & supporting the overall release planning, scoping & estimation process
- Ensure requirements issues are identified, tracked, reported on & resolved in a timely manner
- Set & manage expectations of all stakeholders through effective written & oral communications
- Effectively communicate plan, status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner
- Work closely with business team, understand the road map, & contribute feasible ideas, which can benefit the program.
- Support business in QA, UAT & with implementation plan
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This positions requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.