At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyfts products & decision-making. As a member of the Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal & external products. Were looking for passionate, driven Data Scientists to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in ridesharing.
As a Data Scientist, Decisions, you will leverage data & rigorous, analytical thinking to shape the companys product & business decisions. You will identify & scope opportunities, shape priorities, recommend solutions, design experiments, & measure impact. You will bring a quantitative mindset to decision-making in partnership with product, business, & operations stakeholders throughout the organization.
Sample problems that we solve:
- Whats the marginal effect of 1min of ETA to conversion & cancels ?
- Where are our drivers & passengers ?
- How can we get them from point A to point B ?
- What defines good pick-up & drop-off spots ?
- What do trips tell us about map defects ?
- Leverage data & analytic frameworks to identify opportunities for growth & efficiency
- Partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, designers, & operators to translate data insights into decisions & action
- Design & analyze experiments; communicate results & act on launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business & product performance
- Establish metrics that measure the health of our products, as well as rider & driver experience
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research, engineering or relevant work experience. Advanced degrees are preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured & efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science & visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & ability to collaborate with & influence cross-functional partners
- Professional & stable working environment.
- The latest technology & equipment you need.
- English classes with native speakers.
- 28 calendar days for vacation & up to 10 paid days off + opportunity to work remotely.
- Spacious office facing National Library.