Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Director of Digital Commerce, which will build a strategic vision for implementing & operating a digital commerce platform & marketplace for Appian products & solutions. This individual will be responsible for the successful execution of projects within this ecosystem, providing technical guidance, management, & leadership. This is an exciting new role at Appian, which will lead technical initiatives in solutioning, managing, & releasing components for a digital commerce platform managed through cross team functional efforts & collaboration with business partners across the enterprise.
In this role you will report to the VP, Business Technology. You will use your strong business judgment & decision-making skills to identify, prioritize, & articulate the highest impact initiatives. Your focus will be on delivering a platform that automates, integrates, & positions new & existing products & solutions to increase reach, engagement, customer loyalty, & revenue. In pursuit of this goal, youll collaborate with teams across all functional areas at Appian. This includes working with Business Technology staff to ensure system & environment stability & security; collaborating with Marketing & Finance teams to develop conversion targets, forecast revenue, & analyze key customer statistics & trends; & managing technical teams to drive projects through design, development, QA, & release.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Lead planning & implementation of a digital commerce platform.
- Work with business users to identify & prioritize necessary applications, analytics, systems, & enhancements, & manage cross-functional teams to develop & implement them.
- Analyze & translate test results into actionable business insights & make recommendations on where to optimize for higher conversion in each step of the funnel.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, & engage & manage work of outside consultants as required to deliver on the roadmap.
- Build & deliver robust business cases to support project & vendor investments, & communicate & present to all levels of the organization.
- Build processes & technologies that scale our optimization resources & efforts.
- Develop sound governance processes to maintain the platform, issue management, environment & code migration strategies, change management etc.
- Collaborate closely with business partners & support them with digital commerce business functions.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, e-Commerce, or a related field.
- 7-10+ years of experience & a proven leader with experience in both managing agile teams & executing large projects.
- Technical background, supporting Cloud Technologies
- Extensive knowledge of e-Commerce tools, solutions, technologies & tactics, especially in commerce experience management, as well as a solid understanding of optimization tools.
- Must be a self-described data expert with the ability to interpret data & draw conclusions to implement new e-Commerce strategies.
- Strong influencing skills & motivated to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, diverse environment.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree, a Master's or MBA, is preferred.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Joining the Business Technology department means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. Our top priority is ensuring our people & the business are equipped with the tools, resources, & processes needed to thrive.
- We value innovation & investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth & leadership.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.