As a Warehouse Technician, you will be responsible for shipping & fulfillment practices for a luxury ecommerce distribution facility. The job duties will support the direct to consumer pick, pack, & ship functions. The Warehouse Technician will be required to comply with safe handling & care practices of luxury items. Material handling equipment & bar code collection devices may be used to perform daily functions. Must be able to work early mornings & some weekends.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Direct to consumer order fulfillment
- Performs the pick, pack, ship functions while maintaining KPM's
- Safely handling & care of luxury fashions items
- Pack shipments securely, following required specifications
- Conduct quality inspections on packaging & documentation
- Responsible for processing all parcel shipments with the designated carrier; FedEx/UPS/USPS
- Sort & perform put away & restock functions in an organized fashion
- Maintain shipping supplies & organize inventory
- General warehousing practices; safety & organization, housekeeping & trash removal, etc.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the team leader or Warehouse Supervisor
What You Bring To The Role
- High School or G.E.D. appreciated
- 2-3 years' experience working in a warehouse environment preferred
- Basic computer skills a must
- Accuracy & attention to detail is important
- Must be punctual & available to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes up to 50 lbs. & stand for extended periods of time
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.