AlphaSights is a leading global industry research platform. We leverage proprietary knowledge search technology powered by the latest in machine learning, natural language processing, data science, & software engineering to connect decision makers to globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations & nonprofits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions & propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs nearly 1,000 professionals in nine offices around the globe & regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
An engineering team lead within one of AlphaSights innovation areas, working in close partnership with innovation area specialists, product, design, data, & other software engineers to drive technical innovation. Our innovation areas in London span a range of subjects, from Finance & Analytics to User Engagement, & well be more than happy to go through them in detail as part of the interview process.
What youll do:
As an engineering team lead, you will be responsible for defining technical direction, & providing technical mentorship & guidance to other members of the team.
You will be focussed on the technical planning, quality of work, productivity & striving to increase the impact of the teams work, with the expectation that up to 50% of your time will be spent programming.
As a lead, you will be empowered to make independent decisions for the team & will learn how to handle complex management & leadership situations.
Who you are:
- Skilled, humble, driven, transparent
- An experienced software engineer looking to level up in their career
- Likely to have been working as an software engineer for 5+ years
- Expert in at least one software programming language
- Doesnt have to be in our tech stack
- Independent learner, with track record of teaching/mentoring other engineers
- Great communicator
- Solid understanding of modern software engineering practices
- Continuous delivery
- Cloud technology
- Testing approaches
- Functional programming
Tech stack (previous experience not required):
- Kotlin (new services), Ruby, Python (for data processing) are officially supported back end languages
- React is officially supported on the front end language
- Our software is hosted on AWS
- Kubernetes is used for application deployment, scaling, & management
- Continuous Integration
Learn more about Tech at AlphaSights in this video & through our engineering website.