Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As the Head of Transformation of Project By Slice, you will own the physical transformation, restaurant renovation, & new restaurant launch processes for Accelerate/Project by Slice, one of our critical growth initiatives. We are looking for someone with experience launching new restaurants, managing construction & rebranding projects, & hiring & managing a team. Strong candidates thrive in an ever-changing startup environment & are willing to contribute wherever necessary to get the job done on time & on budget. You will report to the General Manager of Project by Slice.
What Youll Do:
- Build a strong team & repeatable & scalable process to help our restaurant partners launch & renovate restaurants at scale
- Lead entire new restaurant launches & existing restaurant renovation projects from conception to completion
- Attract new partners to the Transformation program & perform due diligence to validate fit
- Find, diligence, & secure new leases & locations for Transformation partners
- Maintain & update the necessary legal documents for Slice to invest in & operate locations alongside our Transformation partners
- Build & maintain financial models for new restaurant openings to build the business case for new investments & measure the ongoing progress & success of existing investments
- Spearhead significant Transformation investments in Accelerate/Project By Slice partners through new brick-and-mortar, ghost, & virtual restaurant openings
- Manage internal & external stakeholders including our restaurant partners, & the vendors needed to execute on the project
- Liaise with contractors, architects, FF&E vendors, & others on-site during construction
- Review renderings, floor plans, equipment lists, & other construction-related documents to guide our restaurant partners & ensure proper execution of the project at all phases
- Leverage your experience & Slices team & resources to navigate the potential blockers & challenges involved in launching & renovating restaurants
- Jump into work streams, executing modules of work as necessary to push projects forward
What were looking for:
- 8+ years experience ideally opening and/or renovating restaurants or retail spaces
- Real Estate & Business Development experience a plus
- Some finance and/or legal experience a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects & external stakeholders
- Collaborative & flexible attitude & ability to handle shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally, notably an ability to influence & motivate people across a broad variety of job functions & reporting structures
- Solid track record of delivering projects on time
- Excellent time management, & proven ability to multitask, work with tight deadlines & prioritize tasks
- Strong can do attitude
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.