At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Were looking for a passionate & results-oriented Program Lead to lead & manage our Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) programs in the East Coast.
In this role you will lead the build out Lyfts wheelchair accessibility program, lead the day-to-day program operations, & manage the strategy & lead the execution on new supply initiatives. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, organized, business savvy, & exceptionally driven. If youre sharp, highly resourceful, & have an eye for collaboration & continuous process improvement, then wed like to talk to you.
- Serve as the main point of contact, lead & be responsible for Lyfts Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle WAV) programs on the East Coast
- Collaborate across teams to define & ensure commitment to project schedule, scope, objectives, milestones, & deliverables
- Identify resource needs & manage changes to schedule, product, cost, or scope
- Manage the execution of the vision & strategy to expand the reach of WAVs & improve the service Lyft provides its riders
- Own the coordination & communication with other lines of business to keep them updated & engaged on whats going on in the world of WAV
- Hyper-focused on finding process improvements & proactively improving all aspects of the business
- Develop, improve, & consolidate internal processes to respond more quickly to fast-changing regulatory requirements that impact the WAV program
- Provide & manage analysis of market behavior to identify more efficient supply models
- Communicate program status & report on key performance indicators to the leadership team & stakeholders
- 4+ years of operations experience
- Proficiency with Excel required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand & react to changing priorities even when not all the information is available.
- Comfortable working with large data sets; using data to guide prioritization & resourcing
- Experience managing external vendors & partners
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, verbal, & writing skills
- Strong bias for action
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.