UK, IRE & USA Payroll Lead (HQ)
Deliveroo's Payroll team is looking for an UK, IRE & USA Payroll Lead. This position requires knowledge of local pay regulations across the regions, strong analytical skills, people skills, vendor management & the desire to drive improvements & continuously simplify processes. UK Workday Payroll exposure is a must.This person will report directly to the Global Payroll manager (HQ) & will partner closely with the UK, IRE & USA People Lead, Finance, & vendors, to lead improvements & act as a key stakeholder in leading regional payroll processes.
What you'll be doing
- Prepare individual country payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Ensure all leavers are compliant with local tax regulations & the timely necessary exit filings are made with local tax authorities
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes & any variable input are confirmed, included within agreed KPIs
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders like General Managers, People Team, Finance & Ops To keep the teams compliant & aware of the changes in local country specific regulations
- Partner on specific projects for process improvements
- Manage employee payroll related queries & proactive communication of changing local & social insurance regulations
- Vendor Management: Partner closely with vendors on local regulations around payroll, stocks, taxes & social insurance
- Partner collaboratively with The People Team & the wider finance team on monthly payroll
- Perform control checks for audit / Headcount report & timely completion of information for ongoing Internal & External audits
- Providing information & employee payroll related statistics for local wage surveys
- Improve processes & drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes which might also involve partnering with other regions across Deliveroo
- Applies broad knowledge of payroll, finance, operations, business drivers, related areas & external market to impact payroll operations
- Directs payroll & related operations for UK, IRE & USA region in an outsourced environment. Manages regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract & SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution.
- Provide support & handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal & external stakeholders effectively in the process
- At least 2 years UK, IRE & USA Payroll experience & familiarity with a working knowledge of taxation & legislation surrounding payroll
- Recent & up to date UK Workday Payroll processing experience
- Workday system experience (Qualified is desirable)
- Knowledge & experience of Workday integration, tools & platforms applicable to designing & executing quality solutions
- Proficiency & experience of Workday Tools (WD Studio, PECI, Core Connectors, EIB).
- UK pension & benefits experience is required & for IRE & USA is desired
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the business & particularly strong in the ability to impact & influence partners/vendors to achieve results
- Excellent follow-through skills & ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally & discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Actively support the Global Payroll Manager / InfoSys Team to plan tasks & tenants across all project stages, in collaboration with other workstreams, to factor all dependencies.
- Excellent control, analytical & problem solving abilities
- Strong hold over data & its analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently & in a team environment
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient & accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when & where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy & ownership, & we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.