The Benefits Manager will be responsible for leave administration, workers compensation & medical accommodations & OSHA compliance. This will include managing vendor relationships, owning & driving process improvement & policy development in various areas, assisting with other project-based work as needed.
ABOUT THE JOB
Your day to day
- Manage U.S. & Canada time off programs (including PTO, disability, maternity, personal, family & other leave programs).
- Manage U.S. & Canada workers compensation & safety programs
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure timely, accurate, & compliant administration of claim forms, life & disability insurance, payroll reporting, wage statements & benefit payments.
- Work collaboratively with HR Partners, Managers, Payroll, Legal, Workplace & other key partners to ensure the proper policies & practices are in place to mitigate risk associated with leaves of absence.
- Use proficient understanding of plan design & administrative procedures to drive constant improvement, facilitating more effective/efficient leave processes.
- Monitor compliance with formal policies, review exception requests & personal leaves of absence requests & make appropriate recommendations.
- Serve as primary contact/representative for sensitive & escalated employee concerns, appeals & claims.
- Interpret & administer leave programs & policies in accordance with applicable federal & state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA & workers compensation laws.
- Develop, plan & manage complex projects related to the implementation of new or updated federal, state or local paid leave, paid time off & other associated benefits.
- Develop & implement training materials to ensure that key stakeholders are informed of the processes for requesting reasonable accommodations. Educate managers on reasonable accommodations.
- Maintain OSHA logs & all required reporting & postings.
- Own & maintain all Workplace Labor Law posters & binders across all locations.
- Assist with questions related to health & welfare benefits, including aiding employees in enrolling in their benefits during a life event change (e.g. birth of child).
- Develop new programs & policies as needed (e.g., ergonomics program, pets at work, new parents, lactation rooms/scheduling, accommodations, workplace safety)
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 5-7 years of benefits & leave administration experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of relevant, college-level coursework & applied experience required.
Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements
- Expertise with management & administration of benefits & leave programs in both the U.S. & Canada
- Knowledge of best practices & processing requirements relating to leave of absence management.
- Understanding of applicable requirements, regulations, & federal & state laws relating to leaves of absence, reasonable accommodations & workers compensation (e.g. FMLA, ADA, FEHA, PDL, etc.)
- Knowledge of benefit plan administration & management, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA & IRS regulations required.
- Experience working with & managing multiple vendors, including brokers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from beginning to end
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication & time management skills.
- Ability to properly handle confidential & sensitive information & materials; understanding & application of HIPAA.
- Ability to effectively articulate administrative & documentation requirements, enrollment processes, & eligibility & leave policy information to employees & managers.
- Proficiency in G Suite (Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Proficiency with Workday required.
- Ability to balance being a strong team player & working independently with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience working in retail and/or field operations
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.