SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The logistician will oversee flight hardware packaging, shipping, ground support equipment (GSE) inventory, & transports. Tasks will be geared towards supporting launch manifests while keeping a safe, team driven work environment as we work towards manned missions & Mars.
- Responsible for the transport coordination of our flight hardware & support equipment necessary to ensure safe & successful launches
- Provide input & recommendations in compliance with DOT/CFR regulations to logistics & manufacturing departments for development & improvement of new & existing transport hardware
- Coordinate the transport of flight hardware equipment & vehicles interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, mission management, & outside transportation vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Coordinate the transport readiness of transport equipment, including providing direction to transport technicians as necessary
- Utilize master production schedules to coordinate resources ensuring teams & transport hardware/equipment are available
- Develop, document, & coordinate with engineering & production teams to ensure efficient packaging of flight vehicles, modules, & equipment is maintained
- Create/maintain reports, presentations, & metrics as required to add value to organization & company development
- Manage the development & implementation of annual & long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, & financial objectives for logistic activities & continue participation in the development of overall annual & long-term objectives
- Bachelors degree in logistics, operations management, business administration, or supply chain & 5+ years of professional experience with logistics or scheduling; or 7+ years of professional experience with logistics or scheduling in lieu of a degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with ERP systems for receiving & inventory
- Knowledge of DOT regulations & CFR (code of federal regulations)
- Ability to maintain a positive working attitude during stressful working conditions
- Team oriented & driven work ethic to contribute to continuous improvements
- Knowledge of HazMat shipping
- Knowledge of ordnance handling
- Knowledge of onsite & offsite transportation requirements, including over the road shipping
- Experience operating heavy equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, etc.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX locations when requested
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 25 lbs.) unassisted
- Must be available to work extended hours & weekends as needed; flexibility is required
- Willing to respond to emergencies to support priority projects, missions, & launches
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral & Vandenberg
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Sr. Logistician: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.