Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
The Application Support Engineer is a critical role at Aetion as it is uniquely positioned to capture our overall client experience with the Aetion Evidence Platform. The primary function of the Support Engineer is to work with clients who use the Aetion Evidence Platform & provide exceptional customer service with laser focus on getting bugs, incidents, requests, & how-to questions resolved in a timely fashion. This foundational role sits at the intersection of Systems Administration, DevOps, Product, QA & Science teams & is responsible for collaborating with these teams to provide excellent customer service.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to engage with clients, capture their issues & manage the ticket lifecycle to closure including:
- Document pertinent details of the issue
- Attempt to provide first call resolution
- Routing the ticket to the appropriate team for resolution
- Ensuring the ticket is updated routinely & the client is updated on progress
- Closing the ticket & confirming closure with the client
- Ensuring the ticket has the appropriate information before it is closed to reflect updated information on the nature of the issue & how it was specifically solved & the time taken to resolve
- Collaborate with our Product,Quality Assurance & Science teams to diagnose, resolve & escalate bugs
- Create reports from key metrics in ticketing system (e.g. recurring incidents, mean time to closure) & develop action plans to improve Support team performance
- Be available for occasional on-call coverage, including weekends
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- 2+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services & a complete understanding of how a modern, cloud-hosted application stack works from top to bottom
- 2+ years experience with systems software & systems architecture within a Linux or Unix environment
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.