Magnet Media is a creative studio, & we believe usingstorytelling + data is the best way to drive business results. Our team is made up of world-class strategists & creative storytellers who use our THINK / MAKE / REACH process to develop holistic solutions for marketers.
In short, Magnet helps brands share their story, engage their target audience, & ultimately drive actions that deliver on business goals. Our strategic & creative capabilities have kept us at the forefront of digital media for 20 years, working side by side with many of the largest companies in
the world, helping them derive business value from content solutions. Magnet Media's current clients include Google, JP Morgan Chase, UBS, YouTube, IBM,Nickelodeon, Mattel, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Adobe, Airbnb & dozens of other world-class brands.
Summary of Role
The Senior Vice President of Sales will be responsible for developing, delivering & achieving the revenue targets for the company. This role will report directly to the CEO.
As the organization's senior-most sales leader, the SVP of Sales is accountable for attainment of overall sales organization performance, the profitable fulfillment of sales goals, & for aligning sales objectives with Magnet Medias business strategy. At this stage of the companys growth, were looking at someone who brings an incredible list of CMO relationships directly at brands --and who is excited to step in on the front lines, working as a player/coach. That includes both carrying their own quota (by bringing new brand-direct relationships to the company) & leading & growing our sales team.
- Team Building & Leadership
- Our ideal leader is passionate about brand storytelling & pitching to brands, but also is well networked on the candidate side --meaning, they enjoy working with sales people in our industry.
- Since recruiting & growing the team with A-players will be part of the job, the SVP of Sales will be part of a true community of loyal, talented sales representatives who are excited to work with us & regularly thrill clients with their strategic & creative prowess.
- Sales Talent, & a Passion for Marketing
- Equal parts player & coach, the SVP will carry a personal quota while coaching a small sales team.
- It is a requirement that they have a healthy roster of pre-existing relationships with CMOs & Heads of Marketing with whom theyve established trust & confidence. And, that theyve pitched & sold custom services solutions to B2B clients.
- Our ideal SVP candidate leads by example, demonstrating what success looks like by: identifying qualified prospects within their own network, uncovering & qualifying opportunities, nurturing leads, navigating the constituent map, honing our positioning, internally coordinating to package the solution & pitch the business, & successfully closing deals.
- The SVP will spend some time creating & executing new opportunities for the team within existing accounts where we have a well-established track-record but limited relationships; however the majority of time will be breaking into new accounts --based on their pre-existing relationships (with CMOs, Heads of Marketing & SVP of Marketing) that the candidate has fostered to the company, as part of their new business generation for the company.
- Coaching / Management Experience
- Support, coach, mentor & ensure the success of our current team by fostering strong interpersonal relationships, trust & confidence from our team, while helping them achieve their targets.
- Recruit & hire 2 new sales representatives before the end of 2020, & 4 new representatives in 2021. The hiring effort includes defining the roles & responsibilities of the sales organization, recruiting key players that fall within the budget, & developing compelling incentive plans to motivate the team.
- Other management duties include:
- Accurately forecast & maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Review the sales/marketing strategy, & recommend improvements.
- Develop & manage the sales department budget.
- Source, qualify & close new business opportunities.
- Fostering a positive organization of ongoing learning, innovation & continuous process improvement.
- Leading in alignment with the company values, including support of our diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives; and: supporting everyone within & outside the sales team with trust, respect, proactive communication.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- World-class networking skills.
- Resilient, results driven attitude, & strong work ethic.
- Proven consultative digital marketing sales skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement.
- Experience presenting to senior level clients & prospects.
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboration, organization & follow through.
- Experience in positioning, selling & negotiating strategic/customized client engagements.
- Existing client relationships, with the ability to develop new senior level client relationships.
- A passion for video, podcasting, live events, influencers & digital storytelling.
Based in New York City