Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Engineer, a highly motivated individual contributor based in Singapore with a deep passion for test engineering & test automation, will be part of the Visa Partner Portal & Visa Online Development Team that reports into Portals Vertical within Digital Developer Platform. The role will be a full stack developer role, be an integral part of all development projects on Visa Partner Portal & be responsible for coding effective solutions in accordance with industry standards. The role will also be required to support business partners. The candidate should possess a passion to solve problems, refactor codes, pick up new technologies, willing to level-up on existing expertise & be an expertise in Java technologies
- Design, build, develop & maintain all solutions on Java, in accordance with industry standards.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert as full stack developer & associated technologies assigned.
- Be a proactive player & have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code.
- Align with the direction & information provided by the Management to drive deliver robust & usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Work with various Technology & Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Facilitate & lead System Integrated Testing on developed solutions in ensuring a bug-free release.
- Facilitate & lead User Acceptance Testing activities on developed solutions.
- Communicate & engage Business & Technology Partners to translate business requirements into functional requirements for design & development.
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner & with a high level of quality.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines.
- With minimum of 4 to 8 years of working experience in the IT industry, preferably with advanced knowledge on Java, software design, architecture & development experience.
- Strong in Core Java development concepts. Good design & coding skills in Java/J2EE, Web Services & Java Script Frameworks for modern web applications.
- Analytical skills to understand business requirements & to translate into technical specifications.
- Excellent articulation, communication, interpersonal & collaboration skills are required.
- Excellent time management, organization & planning skills are essential.
- Passionate about problem solving with excellent skills in troubleshooting.
- Ability to document high quality functional & technical specifications.
- Ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results with ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Passion to learn & pick up new technologies as needs evolves.
- Excellent hands-on experience with JCR, Java, J2EE, JDBC & JSP is required.
- Good hands-on experience with Adobe Experience Manager is advantageous.
- Good hands-on knowledge with the Linux/Unix environment.
- Good hands-on experience both relational & non-relational databases.
- Good knowledge on object-oriented fundamentals, software development & design practices will be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management & Single-Sign-On methods will be advantageous.