This position may be based out of Northampton, MA or Boston, MA!
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software & manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still & are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor & enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019!
Our industry 4.0-ready software increases productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, & deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
Our work environment is busy, non-political, & comfortable. Youll do well here if you can self-manage but arent afraid to reach out for guidance.
Youre passionate about accounting, self-aware, & are known as a strong communicatorable to articulate complex ideas & practices. Youre an active listener with both internal & external stakeholders. You balance working hard with working smart.
We are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, & amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company. You love working with people & helping them seek solutions. Are you ready to learn more?
What You'll Do:
- Continuously improve our ERP (Netsuite) to scale the business
- Perform all daily/quarterly/annual accounting activities related to billing, financial statements, general ledger maintenance, cost accounting, accounts payable/purchasing, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, bank reconciliation, & revenue recognition for subscriptions (SaaS)
- Engage with banks, outside accounting/audit firms, liability & casualty insurance agents, & third-party software partners
- Collaborate with our CEO to create company financial models
- Drive accounting processes that align with company goals
- Complete accurate financial reporting (internal & external including Board of Directors) in a timely manner
- Create & enforce accounting standards, policies, & controls to mitigate financial risk
- Apply your best practices knowledge related to GAAP standards, & state/federal legal compliance
- Partner with Director of Finance & HR to prioritize initiatives & special projects
- Be a Champion of our Core Values
What You'll Have:
- A positive, forward-thinking mindset, able to collaborate with different teams throughout the organization
- Enviable spreadsheet skills (youre considered a whiz!)
- Ability to make decisions efficiently & with integrity, in a high-pressure environment
- Clear & articulate communication (written & verbal) skills
- Strong bias for technology & automation of processes
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up tech environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting or a related field
- Experience in Netsuite (ideal) or other ERP; accounting systems (e.g., Quickbooks etc.)
- A valid drivers license, passport, ability to travel without restriction, & be legally authorized to work in the United States
- *Due to the nature of the position, this position will require a background check
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.