Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3800 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, & Adidas. We help our customers succeed in todays digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, & more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, & we havent stopped growing since!
Were looking for an Assistant Controller to manage all of the US subsidiary financial & accounting aspects. This role will report to the Companys Corporate Controller
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
The Assistant Controller will hold sole responsibility US month-close processes as well as any other financial/accounting operations.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the Finance team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Independently perform monthly close process to ensure timely reporting, including preparation of journal entries & flux analysis
- Support US salary operations & reporting including preparations of journal entries
- Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings including sales tax in multiple states, corporate tax returns & informative filings
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Participate in the preparation of accounting manuals, internal controls for accounting systems, financial procedures & instructions
- Support the preparation of the consolidated & annual financial report, quarterly financial report & other related complex accounting reports for the company
- In charge of proper implementation of companys processes & policies in the companys offices across the country (expenses, travel, etc.)
- In charge of local AP operations, including: vendors, credit cards & payments, including support of the relevant AP teams work
- Assist with FP&A & senior management requests, budgeting/forecasting queries & analysis
- Ad-Hoc projects
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge & experience in US-GAAP
- Start-up experience with hands-on attitude & abilities
- Experience with NetSuite ERP software highly preferred
- Familiarity with Avalara & Expensify
- A self-starter that can work independently & under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Results orientation; Provides high quality results
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills - written & verbal
- Accurate & detail-oriented with high level of analytical & professional skills.
- Passion for innovative solutions & process improvement. Seeks solutions in automation.
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
About the team
Our finance team is located in Israel HQ offices & in NY, managing all accounting related matters globally for all the companys locations, including payroll, tax & regulatory compliance, reporting & many more. As we are a one stop shop for accounting & finance, we take pride in our professionalism in multiple disciplinary areas, our knowledge sharing between the members of the team & most
importantly our warm (and fun) work relations. Every member who will join will feel right at home & find out how much we learn from each other, & we are looking forward to enriching our family!
Why youll love being a Similarwebber:
Youll actually love the product you work with: Our customers arent our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said the product. Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
Youll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue & empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. Youll find the resources you need to take initiative & create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, & offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings & happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether its Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, youll find all the tools & opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isnt just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity & experience. We believe our culture of equality & mutual respect also helps us better understand & serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, & more digital every day.
This position may be based in one of several locations. If your position will be based in SimilarWebs New York City office or will require travel to the New York City office, your offer will be contingent upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as required by the New York City Commissioner of Health & Mental Hygiene.