Group Nine Media is seeking an experienced compliance professional to join its growing Legal & Business Affairs Team. Reporting to the VP, Legal & Business Affairs, this role will involve addressing regulatory & compliance issues as they arise, building systems & processes for recurring issues, & handling administration of key tools & coverage areas. The role will act as a day-to-day resource for central services teams across the organization, including the Finance Team & the People Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build & support company compliance program providing broad support for the companys shared services teams (Legal & Business Affairs, Finance, Workplace, People, IT, Communications) & other brands & business groups across the company.
- Execute day-to-day compliance tasks for ongoing coverage areas, including business entity maintenance, equity program administration, & company policies.
- Manage administration & resolution of compliance & risk issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Proactively identify, manage, & advise on regulatory compliance issues, areas of risk, & new company initiatives & products.
- Oversee corporate insurance portfolio, serving as lead point of contact for policy administration (endorsements, renewals, etc.), potential claims, COI workflow, & all insurance-related matters across the company.
- Help maintain company & Team infrastructure, records, & internal systems.
- Stay up-to-date & keep key business partners informed about changes to existing policies, laws, & regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with at least 4 years of relevant compliance experience (preferably at a media company).
- Basic understanding of the transactions & issues that arise at a digital media company, including content production & distribution deals, online advertising compliance, data management & security, commercial real estate transactions, & personnel management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on tight deadlines while remaining organized, composed, & thoughtful.
- Strong sense of urgency & people management skills.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, problem-solving, & communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality, & passion for results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & understanding of relevant technology, including various digital distribution channels, content development systems, & advertising platforms. Willingness to adopt new tools & systems.
- Strong interest in the business & desire to work within a multidisciplinary team.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies & the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] & reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) & Seeker (the digital leader in science & curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, & much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employerand is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.