The Creative Project Manager sits on the Brand team & is responsible for the management of all creative projects across the business. Key responsibilities include implementing & optimizing project management processes, guiding projects through the briefing & creative process, assisting with resource allocation, scheduling & facilitating reviews, approvals, delivery & tracking budget.Reporting to our VP of Brand, the Creative Project Manager will collaborate with the Merch, Digital Product, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, & Retail teams to coordinate delivery of on-brand creative assets in an efficient & timely manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EVERY DAY
- Day-to-Day Project Management: prepare agendas & lead creative project meetings; take contact notes & ensure follow-through of actions for all Creative Services project meetings.
- Project Briefings: acting as project lead, managing all cross-departmental in-bound project requests for creative services. Collaborating with project stakeholders to define the overall scope, directional notes, & establish project objectives / KPIs
- Design & Copy Management: assign project tasks & manage daily production schedules for the internal design & copy team with a focus on meeting long-lead deadlines & allowing flexibility to meet quick turnarounds. Accurately predict & plan for last-minute projects based on monthly/seasonal business performance trends.
- Manage Project Flows: develop & manage all production schedules, budgets, & timeline projections; identify any issues that could impede successful delivery; and, accurately identify & assess scope changes & their impact to the schedule & budget.
- Project Delivery: oversee on-time delivery, presentation, & approvals/sign off from internal stakeholders for all creative projects.
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations: efficiently manage & communicate flows as relates to the internal project team & external agencies.
- Process Development & Implementation: lead teams in the task of developing & implementing creative project processes & architecture to ensure timely delivery of projects within scope & budget.
- Project Management Assessments: identify opportunities for improved project efficiencies, lead QA process to ensure agreed specifications are met, & post-project reconciliation & analysis of projected vs. actual time/budgets & control of any variances.
- Shoot Production: project management of creative photo/video shoots, including assisting with casting & booking models, photographers, & crew; shoot budgets; coordination of all pre-production preparations (call sheets, shot lists, model releases, etc); & post-production management (coordinating selects, retouching, etc with creative team)
- Creative Contractors & Supplier Management: management of creative freelancers, contractors, & agencies with a focus on sourcing, briefings, proposals & budget quotes, & meeting deliverables - in line with the creative teams direction. In addition, identifying & building relationships with potential new third parties.
- Budgeting: management of creative project budgets in consultation with the VP of Brand
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Several years of project management experience for an in-house creative studio or agency
- Experience working within various creative disciplines: copy, design, photography, video, packaging, web
- Strong understanding of retail/e-commerce & the ability to assess project priorities based on key business insights
- Exceptional attention to detail, process oriented, organizational skills & project management abilities
- Have a genuine interest in e-commerce marketing & design
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written
- Collaborative with the ability to work across teams, handle requests & feedback from multiple directions. Works well under pressure
WHO YOU ARE
- CollaborativeLets be honest: engineers arent the best marketers & marketers arent the best merchants. Thats why we all work together & prefer people who think as we not I.
- PassionateDespite offering flexible hours & an open vacation policy, people keep showing up early & staying late. Why? We believe in what were building - & have a ton of fun doing it.
- Results-Oriented -Were a data-driven company. Were big on testing, optimizing, & learning from the pastthat applies to everything from the products we make to how we market them.
- Self Starter -While weve grown quickly, were still a small team. That means everyone wears multiple hats, acts like an owner, & believes that no task isnt worth pouring your heart into.
- Tech-Savvy -We sell online. We acquire customers online. We maintain relationships online. And we need people who can navigate the ever-changing terrain of the digital landscape.
- Laid Back-We work hard, but enough about that. Weve also got a fridge full of beer, a kitchen full of snacks, & dont be surprised if you find a nerf dart (or 10) stuck to your computer screen.
- World-class insurance Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy Unlimited vacation & sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary Compensation includes a competitive salary & employee stock options
- Great location Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear Free new product launches & year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks Fully stocked office fridge & pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, & a spread of tasty treats