Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean (DO) is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers & partners realize the benefits of DigitalOceans cloud infrastructure
We are looking for a Lead for our Partnerships program who can build, facilitate & drive new partner acquisition to support our global revenue goals. Reporting to the Global Go-to-market Head, the GTM Lead would initially act in the capacity of a player-coach having the dual responsibility of attaining an individual revenue target while also helping build the team & help amplify our partnerships program globally. As a seed hire, you will play a critical role in setting up & scaling the Partner program. The GTM Lead will work closely with other functions within DigitalOcean such as Marketing, Product, Infrastructure & Finance to ensure the Partner program scales effectively.
The candidate should be a seasoned Channel & Alliances professional with direct experience working in the Cloud industry, specifically IaaS, PaaS or SaaS. Key responsibilities will include identifying appropriate partners to target, driving the necessary business & technical relationships & establishing new business in those accounts.
If you are a high performing business development leader looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Prospect organizations who fit DOs partner profile, identify decision makers, build a partner pipeline & generate strong interest for DOs infrastructure
- Handle inbound inquiries into DO, qualify them as potential partner development targets, & prioritize against current initiatives
- Structure, negotiate & close strategic partnerships agreements
- Build a team of Partner managers & develop & execute against a comprehensive plan
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to explore, plan, & execute partnerships
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners & continue to build new programs
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Building & running prospecting activities (calls, emails) to targeted leads. These leads should be both self-sourced & from other marketing sources
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand your network & open up new business opportunities
- Documenting & tracking within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a partner development/sales environment
- Strong network/relationships & ability to build strategic relationships
- Highly self motivated & entrepreneurial, with experience in leading & managing business development teams in a distributed environment
- Ability to work independently to identify, evaluate, generate new business opportunities, & drive them to closure
- Detail-oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand & articulate solution value propositions
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear & concise terms
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Be curious & ask questions
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!