The Authentication Assistant Manager is a managerial role, who will oversee the development & success of an assigned category within the High Risk Authentication (HRA) department & ensure all KPIs & SLAs expected of the authentication department are met & adhered to.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage a team of 15-20 people that directly report to you
- Assist with the overall reaching of departments production capacity by ensuring members within your category are hitting UPH goals
- Partner with your Manager to ensure authentication team meets all Quality accountabilities & targets
- Oversee all units within High Risk department & ensure proper movement through TRR pipeline
- Maintain a strong presence on the floor, circulating the floor at least 1 x per hour to assist with HRA questions & needs. Ensure productivity & policy compliance.
- Partner with your Manager & recruiting team to maintain given staffing levels by actively participating in sourcing, interviewing & onboarding applicants within assigned category
- Partner with your Manager & training team to ensure an adequate amount of your direct reports are properly cross trained amongst all categories
- Analyze departments productivity & workflow to improve overall efficiency
- Communicate with your Manager the overall status of authentication department
- Implement policies, procedures & systems & to follow through with timely execution
- Partner with Low Risk Authentication department to uphold company brand standards & training needs
- Communicate expectations & professionally develop employees on the authentication team by ensuring daily, weekly touch bases are held & Real talks are properly scheduled quarterly/ monthly. Daily touch bases should be at the top of of every day & weekly touchbases should be at the top of every week
- Delegate tasks & partner with leads to make sure the new hires are being consistently QCd. QC directly authenticators with consistent opportunities
- Enforce & maintain positive team culture through recognition & reward systems
- Review the unproductive hours report weekly & make sure you are holding team members accountable
- Ensure a reliable tracking system of new hire ramp ups & of cross training for the team
- Partner with product handlers to make sure the staging area is organized daily & FIFO is protected. Any exceptions should be investigated & rectified immediately
What You Bring To The Role
- Highly motivated, dependable & proactive
- Able to lead by example
- Great time management skills & ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Able to work independently but has the ability to manage a large group in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- Solution minded & detail oriented
- Thorough understanding of TRR & authentication department protocols & procedures
- Comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.