Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with passionate & resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a Senior Reporting Analyst to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexports success - creating transparency of companys performance, financials, risks & internal controls, & building the people, process & product needed for the future of Flexport.
Reporting into the Assistant Controller, you will support the financial reporting team & be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, & timeliness of external reporting, technical accounting research & ad hoc projects, etc.
- Assist with preparing SEC filings, including 10-Qs & 10-Ks to ensure that the financial statements adhere to GAAP & SEC regulations & requirements
- Provide support to business partners, including FP&A, Treasury, Tax & Legal, in the preparation of other filings, including the proxy statement, earnings release 8-Ks, & other filings
- Maintain & execute proper procedures to ensure adequacy & effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist with the analysis & implementation of new accounting & SEC regulations
- Assist in process improvements & ad-hoc projects, including utilizing technology to automate current reports & developing new analysis to understand the business
You should have:
- A Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of working experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) and/or in a publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP & SEC reporting principles & regulations
- High attention to detail & problem-solving ability with a keen focus on continuous improvement
- Prioritization skills & the ability to execute on deliverables in a fast-paced & results-oriented environment
- A willingness to embrace & drive changes
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.