The Senior Merchandise Planner will help ensure that Poppin maximizes the growth potential of our Direct B2B & e-commerce channels through strategic inventory management & insightful analysis. The Senior Merchandise Planner will leverage their analytical skills & experience to own the item-level demand forecasting & receipt planning for the Direct channel, conduct regular analyses & reviews of our channel performance, & create new reporting & infrastructure to drive greater visibility into our inventory position across the company.
- Own the bottoms up SKU forecasting for the Direct B2B & e-commerce channels. Continue improving forecasting methodology & identify process improvements. Establish criteria to measure efficiency & improvement of forecasts & measure accuracy against these criteria.
- Identify process improvements to minimize risk of out of stock or over stock situations. Establish minimum in-stock levels on key items & partner with overseas team to identify strategies to reduce supplier lead times
- Partner closely with B2B Account Executives to learn about sales pipeline that might inform SKU forecasts & with Project Management team to anticipate & troubleshoot future in-stock challenges. Serve as primary point person to provide visibility into inventory availability & incoming receipts.
- Conduct monthly reviews with Merchandising & Planning teams to review item & category level forecasts, recap selling trends, & identify assortment & other opportunities to further drive the business
- Consolidate demand across channels & provide recommended SKU level replenishment orders.Optimize POs to account for Minimum Order Quantities, raw materials/finished goods liabilities, container loads, allocation across East Coast vs. West Coast DCs, & production lead times. Communicate regularly with Poppins overseas team to facilitate monthly PO issuing process & troubleshoot any issues.
- Partner with Logistics & Operations teams as needed to provide forecasts of inbound receipts, project future storage needs, & help optimize freight & supply chains across our distribution network
- Design & develop new reporting & tools to drive more accurate forecasting & detailed performance measurement (e.g., margin & turn by product category, mix shift across categories)
- Lead or participate in Planning department projects to drive ongoing improvements to department systems/models & process efficiencies
- BS or BA degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in merchandise planning. Experience with SKU level of planning replenishment items is a plus.
- Exceptional quantitative & critical thinking skills & expert command of Excel & retail math. Familiarity with Netsuite ERP system is a plus.
- Creative, nimble problem solver who can quickly translate analysis into actions that drive a business forward
- Aptitude to quickly learn new systems, models, & technical applications. Prior experience leading efforts to build & implement new systems & models is a plus.
- High level of intellectual curiosity to learn about new categories & business models, think of creative approaches to solve new problems, & develop new recommendations to maximize performance
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & ability to form strong cross-functional relationships across all levels of an organization, including senior management, sales teams, & supply chain/operations managers
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable with ambiguity, taking ownership, & operating with relative autonomy
- Close cultural fit with Poppins positive, collaborative work happy attitude is required
We believe that outfitting your office should be easythat's why weve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, weve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture & supplies while lowering prices & reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand & culture.
Recognized by Crains as one of NYs fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, & Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C. & will have two more locations by the end of 2019. Our award-winning products are used in over 20,000 offices & sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide.
Work happy isn't just our tagline, it's our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional & unconventional perks, & pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.